Hair removal, for some reason, is considered beautiful in humans, especially in females. Call it a stereotype if you want but who doesn’t like smooth, shiny skin without the hair. Therefore, women use several methods to remove body hair and facial hair. Waxing, shaving, tweezing, plucking, we do all of this in various parts of our body to get that hair-free skin. But these are not permanent solutions; hair still keeps growing back in a month or two. And we need to do all this once again.
Also, the mentioned solutions are messy and painful. Waxing is pouring hot wax on your skin and then sticking a paper to it and ripping it off from the skin along with your hair. The pain is indescribable, and to think women undergo this torture every month to look beautiful, is astonishing. Shaving seems pretty simple but creates the problem of ingrown hair that spoils the skin and is time-consuming. Avoid all this, and opt for a permanent solution- laser hair removal.
What do you need to Know about Laser?
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure by a dermatologist. Find a quality laser hair removal near you and consult a doctor first. In this treatment, laser light is sent into your skin to target the hair follicles and roots. The laser turns to heat energy and destroys the hair roots.
This treatment needs you to take care of several steps before going for the treatment.
- First, for better results, shave your body hair. Do not wax or tweeze. Stick to shaving as it produces the best results, as the skin is less sensitive after a shave.
- Do not wear make-up, perfume, lotion, or creams on your skin before the treatment. If you have, inform it beforehand and have it wiped and cleaned.
- Do not expose your skin to the sun for at least 2-4 weeks before the appointment. Also, if you have a tan, wait for the tan to fade to take the treatment. Do not indulge in fake tan if you look forward to a laser hair removal treatment.
- Do not scrub or exfoliate your skin before the treatment, as exposed pores can damage your skin due to the heat.
The After Effects
- It takes Several Appointments
You first need to understand that the treatment is not a one-sitting process. You have to make multiple appointments to get optimal results. Also, the results are not instant. It takes from 8 weeks to 12 weeks to get that smooth skin.
- Avoid the Sun
Like before, even after treatment, you should avoid the sun. Avoid going to the beach and sunbathing after laser removal treatment. There are possibilities of permanent sunburns if you do so. Therefore, it is best to plan and schedule your treatments during the winters.
- Not suitable For Darker Skin Tones
Not all skin types are suitable. People with darker skin tones are at risk of getting their skin burnt as the laser targets the melanin pigment found in hair follicles, and it can accidentally attract the melanin in your skin and burn it. But, the good news, there are technologies now in research to make these possible for all skin tones and types.
- Things to Remember before considering the procedure
It is painful; you might feel a sharp pain in the exposed areas, but it will soon dull and is tolerable. It is costly and can empty your pockets, enquire about all the laser hair removal near you and find an affordable one. The solution may not be permanent as you wish to be. Hormonal changes and other factors in your body can stimulate hair growth.
Laser hair removal is a simple procedure if administered by a dermatologist. Remember to discuss and know all the pros and cons of the treatments before deciding. It is your body, so the decision and the responsibility are yours. Take a well-informed decision.